Category Archives: Community

Spin In Wheels

Assemblyman Michael Blake at Washington Park (NYC)

Brothas & Sistas,

I hope that your spirits and energies are in a good space.  As we continue to prepare for the summer of 2020, we must stay diligent as we monitor our communities through peace and justice.   Last week another one of our Hispanic brothas was slain by the hand of LAPD.  I said it once, and I’ll say it again, we must end these kind of scenarios, for our urban communities to grow.  We must find out what’s causing this mayhem/chaos, and STOP IT!  If our communities can’t find away to get along with law enforcement, our efforts for economic mobility are simple a waste of time.

Also, reports came out this week that the Covid19 virus casualty rate has risen, approximately to where it was back on May 1st.  It was reported that many of the millennials have forsaken their masks, and are running around like everything is peaches and cream.  My friends this is counterproductive, we can’t build community awareness if we can’t respect safety in our communities.  Please continue to where your masks, stay sanitized, and take into consideration that some of our brothas and sistas are leaving this earth behind the spread of this virus.  This is simple common courtesy for those that we call our family and friends.  Let’s support and promote this form of ideology, I sincerely believe that this is our best defense, as we work to normalize our neighborhoods again.

Peace & Blessings,

PRE ORDER NEW SINGLE ‘Co-Op’ ABOUT UNITY IN OUR COMMUNITY WILL RELEASE ON ‘INDEPENDENCE DAY TO ALL DIGITAL PLATFORMS, PRE ORDER THROUGH THE LINK BELOW:

Co-Op featuring Raydar Ellis & UC

Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) New York State
Information about COVID-19 in the United States
Coronavirus advisory information

Hotline: 1.866.207.2880

Collin Suttles at the rally in
Washington Park (NYC)

Michael Row The Boat Ashore #BlackLivesMatter

In A Beautiful World

For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

1st Thessalonians 5:3

Ok Brothas & Sistas,

Another week, another struggle, I recently viewed Spike Lee’s new film, ‘Da 5 Bloods’ it’s a story of brotherhood, teamwork, greed, betrayal, and disappointment.  Mr. Lee did his thing on this one, his style and approach is classic.  I’m excited to see what he comes up with next. 

On another note, rallies are still in full effect, people refuse to let these atrocities invade our communities as the norm.  We found out another couple of brothas, Rayshard Brooks & Kamal Flowers, were slain by police in Atlanta, GA and New Rochelle, NY last week.  This unfortunate series of events must stop!  We have to organize and educate people on how to conduct themselves when approached by police.  We have to educate police, who are usually not from our urban communities, on how to deescalate situations without murder.  In this way, we can work selflessly, to achieve oneness and beauty in our inner cities.

I’ll would like to share this poem that came to me after I viewed ‘Da 5 Bloods,’

I hope you enjoy it!

In a beautiful World

In a beautiful world
We never die
In a beautiful world
We never cry
In a beautiful world
We save our sons
In a beautiful world
We don’t need guns

In a beautiful world
Our daughters receive
In a beautiful world
They never leave
In a beautiful world
There is no hate
In a beautiful world
We seal our fate

In a beautiful world
There is no lust
In a beautiful world
We all can trust
In a beautiful world
We all get a chance
In a beautiful world
Justice and liberty inspire dance

In a beautiful world
We don’t have to protest
In a beautiful world
We don’t have to invest
In a beautiful world
We can all get along
In a beautiful world
Police brutality is always wrong
In A Beautiful World (Audio version)

Peace & Blessings,

PRE ORDER NEW SINGLE ‘Co-Op’ ABOUT UNITY IN OUR COMMUNITY WILL RELEASE ON ‘INDEPENDENCE DAY TO ALL DIGITAL PLATFORMS, PRE ORDER THROUGH THE LINK BELOW:

Collin Suttles at the rally in
Washington Park (NYC)

IN WAKE OF DA STORM

Carmen Perez speaks for the movement at Washington Park in New York City.

The Further A Society Drifts From Truth The More It Will Hate Those That Speak Truth.” – George Orwell

Brothas & Sistas,

After a long weekend of rallies and protests, I saw this quote as I scrolled through my IG account earlier this week.  TRUTH, are we living in truth?  Are we applying our knowledge, wisdom, and understanding to causes that serve our communities?  Are you living your best life through service and humility?  I’ll be the first to say, I have much work to do!  But I have made the commitment, to wake up everyday (Most High willing), and get on my GRIND!

In a world that’s always changing, but actually stays the same.  These Black Lives Matter movements that hit our communities during this COVID19 season are bizarre.   The whole series of events threatened the way we live, and what we put our trust in.  This is why we must immediately implement new practices in our everyday lives.  I challenge our communities to build sustainability through application.  Issues like employment equality, affordable housing, economic empowerment, and of course police brutality are still HERE, and we are not going to see change until we put in the work to CREATE CHANGE

With all of the educators, scholars, politicians, clergymen, and community advocates we have in this world, change should be apparent.  Let’s not be so smart that we can’t get the work done.  Make it your business to lend your talents and abilities to change.   I’m just saying Man, this is the only way we are going to get the job done. 

Peace & Blessings,

PRE ORDER NEW SINGLE ‘Co-Op’ ABOUT UNITY IN OUR COMMUNITY WILL RELEASE ON ‘INDEPENDENCE DAY TO ALL DIGITAL PLATFORMS, PRE ORDER THROUGH THE LINK BELOW:

Yo, Give Peace A Chance!

Ok Brothas & Sistas,

I have been careful to let my thoughts marinate, before speaking in haste. As I observed what just took place in our country, and now ironically the world, my spirit is sad.  We all know COVID19 had us all laying low, but now what happen to George Floyd, has brought things to another level.  What’s has got me perplexed is that we know this foolishness has been occurring for over 400 years, yet it seems that as usual, it takes a tragedy for people to wake up, and smell the coffee!

As I walked down Fordham Rd. (Bronx, NY) yesterday, I saw one of my Latino brothas verbally assaulting the police.  As this brotha yelled slurs and called this man everything but a child of the Most High, I felt compelled to ask myself, “how did we get here?”  On one hand, the Latino brotha was totally justified in the anger he displayed, on the other hand, those cops he was yelling at are men, with families, and they should not be judged for what took place in the George Floyd assassination.  My point is that, ‘we have to find a way, to bring some lovin here today.’

Look people, I hope that this country begins to heal.  It seems that 2020 has bought out some serious issues.  From the death of the homie Kobe Bryant, to COVID19, to the recent riots, and let’s knot forget, we aren’t even half way through the year yet.  Let’s make an effort to read our favorite literature, spend time kicking it with family and friends, and pray for each other.  We have done and said everything else, let’s give peace a chance.

Sincerely,

R.I.P. Wes Unseld

Corona Is Here

Photo by CNN.com

Hello My Good People,

I’m sitting in the crib watching the movie Outbreak.  Morgan Freeman, Cuba Gooding Jr., and Dustin Hoffman really did their thing on this one.  This movie, about a medical disaster, got me thinking.  What if this Coronavirus really gets out of hand?  What if this incident changes the course of our lives?  What if our government really knew about what was coming and didn’t say anything?  These are all questions that come to mind, as I watch this movie, and prepare for the future.  I guess the craziest part about these turbulent times is that we don’t know what to expect, as we enter spring 2020.

For information sake I would like to add some links about the Coronavirus.  I hope that these sources of information serve as a great way to get familiar with the real issues.  Remember good defense comes through washing your hands, and keeping your distance.  Crowded spaces are totally off limits, prayer and meditation are great ways to strengthen your spirit, we all know that a healthy spirit and mind keep you in tune with what we must do for the body.  I’ll be in touch as we move forward, stay safe and be blessed.

Early symptoms include:

Runny nose

Sore throat

Cough

Fever

Pneumonia

Difficulty breathing (severe cases)

Sincerely,

Jeff

Justice Through A Mocking Bird

photo by Jeff Suttles

Greetings Brothas & Sistas,

I know, I’ve been away for a while; I started working with the New York City Department of Education, hopefully I’ll be able to create change from the inside, as I work to be as effective as possible, in my new role.  I actually attended a production of To Kill A Mocking Bird, with my 10th grade class a few weeks ago.  This was the first of its kind, since Madison Square Garden has never hosted a live production of this sort before. Ultimately I was excited about being part of history and being invited to attend a Broadway play.

The stage was set for a great day in education.  Mayor Bill de Blasio and his wife Chirlane McCray kicked the event off with inspiring words for over 18,000 New York City public school students.  Spike Lee followed them up with inspiring words and memories of his mom forcing him to check out Broadway plays as a youngster.  The message behind the play seems to have set well with New York City students.  The story of how a man could be accused of a crime that he didn’t commit, is all too familiar to our culture.  Hopefully this event will serve as a plea to destroy injustice, and create equality, not just in New York City, but throughout the world.  Talk to you guys soon.

Peace & Blessings

Cash Wealth Management

financial

Part Two

by Gee C. Cash

Why Is Financial Planning Important?

It is expected of people to control their finances and keep a record of their expenses. Sadly enough, a lot of people are controlled by their money. Decision making plays is an important role in our daily lives and can influence our choices especially when it relates to a financial activity.

A spendthrift will always end up bankrupt because he or she fails to be accountable for his cash flow. Financial Planning ensures that there is a stable cash flow running in and out of your hands. You will not be able to make a detailed financial plan if you can’t account for the channel in which money comes in and goes out of your account.

Documenting the outflow and inflow of funds will make you know how much was spent on expenses, how much was gained and how much is left to save or invest. Also, it allows you to consider your investment options and choose an ideal one which properly fits your aspirations and needs. If you are thinking of investing in the money markets, you should know it isn’t a long-term investment. 

The money market is a low-risk investment that matures under a year. Hence, if you are a banker or an employer, the money market may not be the right investment for you due to its short-lived nature. Apparently, individuals are advised to open a money market account because they stand to receive better interest rates than on a savings account. With the availability of various money market funds, it is crucial for one to understand how the money market works before investing.

Steps To Take When Investing In the Money Market

1. Make a research to learn about money market funds.

2. Find out the advantages and disadvantages of the money market funds.

3. Check the historical statistics of the money market funds.

4. Get a brokerage firm to help you invest.

5. Get insights from your brokerage firm to track your investment.

You should lookout for a renowned brokerage company or mutual fund company before investing in the market. Ensure that the brokerage firm is licensed and regulated. We advise that you go for a certified financial planner (CFP), which is a sign of credibility. Check the website of the brokerage firm to get more materials and tools to educate your-self. One can move on to get a credit report to see how marketable they are to the commercial markets. 

It is important for you to run a research or review on your credit because banks and brokerage firms can check it to make decisions about you. Usually, the financial plan should have a retirement plan where it should outline the strategies in which you’ll use financial markets to derive your income after retirement. 

However, a 401(k) could work. The 401(k) is usually financed by the employer, who gives liberty to his workers to save and invest part of their wages or remuneration before taxes are taken out of it. The 401(k) allows you to control the way your money is invested. If you are facing a selection headache in choosing the right investment to make, you may consider hiring a qualified portfolio manager to help you make investment decisions.

Open Mic For Justice & Peace

Image by Greg C. Cash

It all went down Tuesday night at Pianos.  Many acts came out to support our first Open Mic for Justice & Peace.  Although the energy was electrifying, we took the time to celebrate community and sustainability in our urban neighborhoods.  Hosted by Collin Suttles, we featured a new group called FOREVERSOUL, look for them, they are on tour right now hopefully at a location near you.  All and all we had a fantastic event, the featured quote of the night was, “In a gentle way, you can shake the world!” courtesy of Mahatma Gandhi.  Stay tuned as we work on the next Open Mic; we plan on cultivating good vibes, as we continue to provide a space for creative people to share their ability for community growth and sustainability.  Special thanks to A I Gangsta, Chy Boogie, Tay Tay, and Newby for coming out, and REPPIN for the cause.

Peace & Blessings

Looking forward to adding the band to the next Open Mic

Community Day in Yonkers

Image by Greg C. Cash

On Saturday, August 10, 2019, Pastor Bolling and the Community Baptist Church hosted Community Day. This joyous occasion proved to be insightful, as well as uplifting for the children and residents of this Yonkers, New York community. Prizes like free haircuts, gift certificates, and bikes were raffled off for all those who attended. Coordinator, Mark Corpas, lead the crowd in a spirit driven electric slide, as we all jammed out to gospel music. Although we embrace all types of music, gospel remains at the top of our playlists, especially when we look to connect ourselves for inspiration and spiritual healing. We were honored to participate, and look forward to supporting this event next year.

For more information on how to be apart of Community Day next year contact Mark Corpas at cbcchurchclerks@gmail.com.

STOP THE VIOLENCE RALLY

Image by Greg C. Cash

On Saturday, August 10, 2019 the Bronx community gathered together to raise their voices against gun violence.  Parents, elected officials, and clergyman united on Webster Avenue to take a stand, as the 19th Annual Rally took place.  The Bronx has become victim to several acts of gun violence recently.  Citizens united to pray for hope and courage against random acts of gun violence.  Although this is an issue that continues to infect our urban communities, it has become obvious that awareness is key, as we work for peace and sustainability in our neighborhoods.

For more information about future events please contact:

Princess Lanita at princesslanita50@gmail.com