Featured Image

Black Spades Speak Out Against The Slander Of Afrika Bambaataa

In a day and age where rumors run rapid in inner city communities, allegations against hip hop legend Afrika Bambaataa seem unreal. Most of us consider Bambaataa’s Planet Rock one of the major influences, in a B-boy driven era, that birth a new culture and lifestyle in American history. Personally I believe that a man… Read more »

Featured Image

Can we obtain Social Justice through Soul Food?

In a world where people are constantly concerned about their diets, Michael Twitty is examining social justice through food. Twitty a culinary historian, based in Washington D.C., suggests that we preserve the heritage, of what most of us refer to as, “Soul Food.” Twitty investigates the battered past of his ancestors, and how food played… Read more »

Featured Image

It’s Tax Season, Let’s Talk Financial Literacy!!

Yes Brotha’s & Sistas, tax season has arrived again, and financial literacy remains key as we continue to strive for ultimate liberation.  Although most of us are planning to catch up on bills, take vacations, and upgrade our technical devices, it’s imperative that we begin to seriously consider investing a portion of our returns.  While… Read more »

Featured Image

Farrakhan Speaks Black Economic Truth

Yesterday while surfing the Internet, I came across an early message from The Honorable Minister Louis Farrakhan. As a black man that grew up as a Pentecostal Christian through the Apostolic faith, I have grown to gain understanding of the economic status of African American people. Take a listen to this short message from Minister… Read more »

Featured Image

Check out Jamilah Lemieux & Amber Phillips on The Breakfast Club

What’s Good Brotha’s & Sistas,   I hope the New Year is producing positive and enlightening energy for you and your families. I had some space in my schedule to check out this interview dealing with current issues, in regards to black men & women in urban communities.  Although I’m sure these issues are also… Read more »

Featured Image

In Search of Justice

Please take a look at what happened to Kenneth Chamberlain Sr., also like the Facebook Page here. Why are the Blacks in Law Enforcement of America concerned about our urban communities? Check out Cornell Carelock  and his approach to music and healing!   LET’S STOP POLICE BRUTALITY TOGETHER!!  

Featured Image

Are You Ready For 2017? A Call For Justice!

by Jeff Suttles   As we approach the last month of this year, I can’t help but to wonder what’s ahead. Yes, Donald Trump will enter the White House. No, I’m not afraid, but I am concerned for the working class. What type of opportunities will become available for a musician that decided to go… Read more »

Featured Image

Don’t Call Me N*gger

by Andrew Smoot In a time where so much emphasis is placed on what is considered to popular in order to determine what is good and bad, this prompt allowed me to really do some soul searching (as well as the rest of the course work). It’s impossible to not approach this from a Christian… Read more »