President Obama, 4 The Last Time

As our 44th President completes his last news conference, I can definitely identify with the agitation of many of the American people. Many of my friends, family, and colleagues express concern; in regards our new President elects ability to run the United States of America in a productive, yet secure manner. As Mr. Trump let us know numerous times, his goal is to, “Make America Great Again!” The question is, “can he accomplish this greatness with the cabinet he selected?” Contrary to many people that I interact with, I hope that he does it. Not for me, or for my homies around the way, but for the future of our society. One thing that I was taught from a young age “is that most things come to an end (good and bad).” Therefore I have slowly prepared myself for the departure of President Obama. Call me crazy, but I am still quite surprised that he made it through two terms, and now is positioned to live a successful post presidency. As a pessimist, I look for the negativity that accompanies certain accomplishments in life; President Obama is living proof that with a plan, good things can happen. One thing that I’m sure of is that, “WE HAVE COME A LONG WAY!” So as we reflect on the old, and create for the new, let’s be proud and compassionate, while we celebrate our accomplishments while focusing on the work to come. Pray for our new president, he will certainly need guidance from the Most High. Hopefully things will fall into place, and we will position ourselves to create a great future for the next generation.